THS 1998

Welcome to the official THS 1997 blog.
If you would like to add or update your bio please email taylorsville97@qwest.net

All bios are listed by first name (for the sake of the married girls).

Friday, August 24, 2007

H-J

Haley (Rytting) Ormsby - I married Wayne Ormsby on May 15, 1998. I finished my degree in Finance in May 2002 at the University of Utah. In November 2002 we had our first child, Jacob. I moved to Charlottesville, VA in August 2003 for my husband to attend medical school at the University of Virginia. While in Charlottesville we had our second child, another boy we named Trevor. We just moved to Rochester, NY where he is doing his residency and we're expecting our third on Halloween -- this time a little girl. I hope to eventually move west, but I have loved living in the east.

Heather (Schaller) Gunnell - Wow, how time flies! Well during my senior year I met my now Husband Woody Gunnell, we met on forbidden State Street! We got married in 2000. After High school I went to Snow College for about a year, studying nursing. I then came back home to Salt Lake Community, changed my major and graduated with an associates of business. In 2000 I started processing mortgage loans, and have never looked back. I am a loan officer as well, and love it!! My husband is a real estate agent, and also works in the construction business. I work from home as I try chase after my two boys. Hunter who is now 3, and Cooper who is almost 9 months old, they are a handfull, but I absolutely love being a mom! We have a home in West Jordan, we spend most of our free time 4 wheeling and camping. It is so neat to see what everyone has been up to, sorry to have missed the reunion, it ended up i was out of town. But look forward to reading some more of your guys updates. You can also see what else my family has been up to at:

Heather Key - I was a very scared girl in High School. I know it might not have seemed that way, because I thought that I had to be happy or seem happy to be okay. All I ever wanted was to be liked, and sometimes I tried to hard. However, I now get that I didn't like myself, and therefor would not ever let anyone get close to me. And yet I thought that I had to be popular to be okay. I wanted to fit in and yet I never allowed myself to. I am responsible for all of this. I now get that I am okay just the way I am with all of my imperfections. I live my life not trying to fit in, but embracing and sharing my own humanity. My life is fulfilling. I have good days and I have bad days. I embrace the journey.
Life in the past 10 years has been good. I graduated from Rick's College (now BYU of Idaho) with may Associates in Behavioral and Social Sciences, than moved back to Utah for a year and worked with Autistic Adolescents. In August 2000, I moved to New York as a livein Nanny. I have lived here since. I was a nanny for 2 years, than worked with developmentally disabled adults for 5 years. I am currently back to being a nanny, and I absolutely love it. I nanny for a 12 yr old boy who is a survivor of brain cancer and truly inspiring. I also nanny for his sister who is 13 and such a fun, sweet girl. The family that I work for are very loving and generous, and I couldn't ask for a better situation as a Nanny. This is totally opposite of "The Nanny Diaries", although I definitely have some past nanny horror stories.
I absolutely love living in New York. I go to the big city at least once a week. Manhattan is one of the greatest cities in the world. I invite anyone who would love to come out here to e-mail me, and I may be able to arrange for a place to stay. I have many connections here, and might be able to have people stay here with me. I am not far from a train that goes into Manhattan.
Currently, I am directing a Documentary on something called Prader-Willi Syndrome. I worked with Developmentally Disabled Adults who have it, and they are participating in my film. Things are going slowly, but by this time next year, I expect it to be completed and hopefully viewed at the Tribeca Film Festival in Manhattan.
I am also an aspiring actress. I was in the background of an episode of Rescue Me about a year ago. I am currently stepping up my game, and will go on 2 auditions by the end of August. I will keep you all posted on how that goes.
I would love to hear how all of you are doing. Please feel free to e-mail me at http://us.f574.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=Nyladyutah4@yahoo.com


Jason Cartwright
Life has been full of twists and turns over the last 10 years! Aftergradution, I headed straight to Europe and made lifelong memories withmany of my classmates! That started a long streak of traveling andnow I can say that I've been to 46 states, 3 Canadian provinces,Mexico, and 10 European countries over 5 separate trips! Not onlyhave I kept busy traveling, I graduated from Johnson & WalesUniversity in Denver, CO with a 4.0 GPA and a B.S. in Marketing in2004. Over the course of my education, I held various leadershippositions within Delta Epsilcon Chi, the college division of DECA. Ialso competed with the organization and took first and third placeawards at national competition.My lifelong dream of working at Walt Disney World came true in 2000when I joined the company as an intern. That experience surpassed allexpectations, so I joined their college recruiting team as a CampusRepresentative while finishing school. I completed a secondinternship in Travel Industry Marketing and still maintain seasonalemployment status with Disney. Since making a permanent move toOrlando, FL in January 2005 I have worked in the timeshare industry asthe Rental Distribution Manager at Wyndham Vacation Resorts. I amhappy living in Florida, where I have a wonderful girlfriend, go totheme parks in my spare time, and sing in various choirs at WaltDisney World!I don't know how long you wanted this to be, so feel free to cut itdown if you want. I'll try to send a picture when I get back toOrlando. See you Saturday at the reunion! I can't wait! jacartwright@gmail.com

Jayda (Pitkin) Everett - After graduating from Taylorsville, I enrolled at the University of Utah as a mechanical engineering major. Life was pretty normal until the Spring of 2000 when I got married, moved to Wisconsin, and transferred the the University of Wisconsin College of Engineering. At UW, I worked on a team developing a hybrid-powered Chevy suburban and on a team that competed in the AMD robot challenge in Illinois. I graduated from UW in the Summer of 2002 and immediately moved to Hamburg, Germany to work as a design engineer for a German firm specializing in experimental apparatus, robotics, and cryogenics. My husband and I took advantage of every opportunity to travel while living in Europe. After nearly 4 years in Germany, we moved to Indiana where my husband accepted a post-doctoral research position with Purdue University. I gave birth to our first baby a few weeks later and have spent the last year chasing her around the house.

Jeanette (Thornock) Liddell - After graduation I attended UVSC where I had a lot of fun as a member of the Dance Team. Durig this time I met my husband, Jesse Liddell, and we got married May 14, 1999. I finnished my associates of science at UVSC and then continued there to get my nursing degree as an LPN. Before I could go on to RN I found out I was pregnant with our daugter Abigail. I worked for a while at LDS hospital and did home health for a time too. Now I am a stay at home mom. I have three crazy kids, Abi (5), Anna (3), and Porter (1). We built a house in Magna about six years ago and have been there since. Life is busy but I wouldn't change it for anything.




Jessica (Sanchez) Ashton - After graduation I attended BYU, Provo.
Met and married my husband, Michael Ashton, Feb. '98
- 1998-2001 Moved to Redlands, CA for graduate school at Loma Linda University. I worked in Escrow.
- 2001 moved to Sayre, PA for husband's residency program. I worked as the Youth Coordinator for Robert Packer Hospital and oversaw the youth volunteer program. I was very involved in community youth outreach programs chairing the Teen Pregnancy Prevention task force, and was youth facilitator and organizer of the Prudential Youth Leadership Institute.
- 2001 to today... live in York, PA. Husband is the medical service line Administrator of York Hospital Surgical Center.
- We have three children. Abigail Nicole Ashton - 4 1/2 years old. Ty Samuel Ashton - 2 1/2 years old. Kayla Faith Ashton born Aug. 11, 2007 - nine days old today. :-)
- I'm very happy, love living on the East Coast. I've stayed active running 1/2 marathons. I am an active part of a local book club and I enjoy scrap booking and cooking. jessashton@comcast.net

Jessica Baker - For the first four years after graduation I attended the University of Utah, receiving a BS in Psychology. I had a baby girl 3 years ago and devote all my time to raising her.
I enjoy scrap booking, camping, traveling, and going out with friends to sing karaoke






Jessica (Earl) Steed - After graduating from T-Ville, I attended the University of Utah and got a bachelor's degree in Political Science and Communications. While at the U, I was a member of the Marching Band and Jazz Band and served an internship with the Supreme Court in Washington, DC. After graduation, I got a job with Jim Matheson's 2000 congressional campaign. When he won the election, I was hired as a constituent services staffer in his Salt Lake City office. On August 25, 2001, I married Jon Steed and we moved to Seattle for his job the day after our wedding. We lived in the Seattle area for a about two years where I worked at a small private school. After Seattle, we moved to Jon's hometown - Monmouth, Oregon (you can find it on really detailed maps) - where we both worked for Salem Hospital and taught early morning seminary. A better job opportunity for Jon came up after about a year in Oregon, so we packed our things again and moved back to Salt Lake City. While there, we had our first daughter, Norah Ann, and purchased our first home in the Highland Park neighborhood by Sugar House Park. We had a great time in Utah again, but new opportunities have beckoned again and we moved back to Monmouth, OR in June of this year. Jon is currently working as the Finance Operations Manager for the City of Monmouth and I am busy chasing two-year-old Norah and preparing for the arrival of her sister in November. It's hard to believe that we graduated 10 years ago. One of the things that I enjoyed about moving back to Utah was the chance meetings I would have with some of our classmates. Now that I am away again, those chances are gone. I would appreciate hearing from anybody about their adventures.


Jill (Coombs) Bodine - After graduation I attended a few different colleges including SUU, and BYU Hawaii, and finally graduated from BYU in Mathematics Education. I married Preston Bodine in 2000 and we moved to Las Vegas where I taught High School Math for 4 years. I also finished a masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction. When Preston graduated from UNLV we moved back to Salt Lake to be closer to our families. Now I love staying at home with our two boys. I am also an adjunct faculty member in the math department at SLCC where I teach one or two classes every semester.
Jill (Dunnigan) Syme - Hello Fellow Warriors!What an awesome 10 years it has been since we took that final walk on Friday June 13th. It seems just like yesterday at times when I look back, and especially when I hear the songs that were on the radio at that time.I have come a long way since graduation. I have done quite a bit of traveling.I haven't been to Europe yet, but I figure that Mexico, and the Caribbeancount for that, and my family and I go to Disneyland every year.In April of 2000, I met my sweetheart, Jonathan Syme. He graduated fromCottonwood in 1998. (We still argue to this day about who's school is better....) We waited a few years to have kids, so that we could have timeto ourselves and travel around. Then in October of 2004, we welcomed Preston into our family. He is a very, very, very, active almost 3 year oldand is constantly keeping us laughing and on our toes.We live way out in West Jordan, and surprisingly many other classmateslive out in our area as well. Although we love it out there we are planningon moving within the next year into our final home. I have been very blessed since Preston was born to be able to stay at home and raise him. What a blessing it is...although tiresome at times. I wouldn'ttrade it for the world. I never went to College after High School, but someday after we are done havingkids, and they are in school, I do plan on going back. As to what I am going to study is a different story. I have worked for various companies. RC Willey, and Clear One Communications(part of the Clear Channel company) were my favorites.I have so many wonderful memories, and friends from High School. Everyonemade those 3 years the best. As a class we shared happy times, like when we graduated, and sad times like when those that we loved passed on into another life.Keep those moments close to your heart, and you will forever remain young.I wish everyone the best in all that you do. I hope that you will be able to accomplish your dreams, and see them turn into reality. I hope that we will always remain friends throughout the coming years! Until our 20 year reunion...may you all have a wonderful, and successful life!


Jody Erickson - After high school I served an LDS mission in Chile Concepcion mission. A year and a half after my mission I meet my Husband Marcos who is from Argentina. We have been Married for 4 years we have 2 Girls. Yasmin who is 3 yrs old. And Kenadie who was born this July. We just moved to Eagle Mountain this summer. My husband Is going to school at UVSC and works for Skywest airlines. I work at a pediatric dental office as a dental assistant. We have 2 offices one in Sandy and one in West Valley. In our free time we love to hop on a airplane and visit states and countries that we have not yet seen.

Julie Deppe - My maiden name is Julie Deppe, and now it is Julie Fleischel. After high school, I worked at Salt Lake Community College for 5 years. I got married to Erich Fleischel in May 2000. I worked at the college until our first son was born and now I am a stay-at-home mom with my boys. We now have 3 sons. The oldest Zachery is 6 years old and is starting first grade this year. The middle son is Andrew and he is four years old and starting preschool and our baby Cason and is 17 months old. We lived in Taylorsville for 6 years and now live in West Valley. I hope all is well with everyone. My email is erichfleis@yahoo.com.


Jyll (Mendenhall) Roberts - After serving a mission in England, I met my husband Reed Roberts while attending SLCC. He went to West Jordan High School. He is the coolest guy (not because he went to W.J.) We love to travel and play together. We have been married 4 1/2 years. We initially lived in West Jordan, then moved to New York for 2 years while I went the Dental Hygiene School. Reed got into the Graphic Design Program at BYU so we moved back to Utah. We have lived in Orem ever since. I love my job and he loves his major so we are pretty happy. No kids for us yet. We are trying to be as cool as Brit and Jer Galovich so we decided to adopt too! It has been an interesting process so far. We set up a website for birthmoms, you guys can also check it out: reedandjyll.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who passions to taste recent stuff. Right now I am making my personal solar panels. I'm making it all by myself without the aid of my men. I am utilizing the net as the only path to acheive that. I discovered a really amazing website that explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not exactly sure bout how precise the information given there is. If some experts over here who had xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the site it would be great and I would extremely value it, cauze I extremely like solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. You guys are great.

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan dosage hours - buy ativan online no prescription